$10.99This lay-ministry counseling guide is a good leader resource for women’s ministries or personal use. Learn how to address your own needs so you can effectively help others, take people to Jesus without taking on responsibility for their burdens, and balance a counseling ministry with your other priorities. With Kitchen Table Counseling, you can offer true biblical hope to other women in the face of heartaches. Saber más
$16.99The American Association of Christian Counselors and Tyndale House Publishers are committed to ministering to the spiritual needs of people. This book is part of the professional series that offers counselors the latest techniques, theory, and general information that is vital to their work. While many books have tried to integrate theology and psychology, this book takes another step and explores the importance of the spiritual disciplines in psychotherapy, helping counselors to integrate the biblical principles of forgiveness, redemption, restitution, prayer, and worship into their counseling techniques. Since its first publication in 1996, this book has quickly become a contemporary classic-a go-to handbook for integrating what we know is true from the disciplines of theology and psychology and how that impacts your daily walk with God. This book will help you integrate spiritual disciplines-such as prayer, Scripture reading, confession-into your own life and into counseling others.
Mark R. McMinn, Ph.D., is professor of psychology at Wheaton College Graduate School in Wheaton, Illinois, where he directs and teaches in the Doctor of Psychology program. A diplomate in Clinical Psychology of the American Board of Professional Psychology, McMinn has thirteen years of postdoctoral experience in counseling, psychotherapy, and psychological testing. McMinn is the author of Making the Best of Stress: How Lifes Hassles Can Form the Fruit of the Spirit; The Jekyll/Hyde Syndrome: Controlling Inner Conflict through Authentic Living; Cognitive Therapy Techniques in Christian Counseling; and Christians in the Crossfire (written with James D. Foster). He and his wife, Lisa, have three daughters. Saber más
$11.99Anne Laidlaw lives in Auckland, New Zealand, and is married with three children. A counselor and teacher with a degree in psychology, she teaches Pastoral Care Courses, "Helping People--A Biblical View of Restoration and Basic Counseling Skills," Parts One and Two. She is a frequent speaker at conferences, retreats and other engagements, and spends as much time writing as possible. Anne has published magazine articles as well as two books, Know God More and Kick Addiction, and has been interviewed on New Zealand television and radio programs.Saber más
$14.99Luann Dunnuck is a dynamic conference speaker and author. Her teachings and books bring a message of hope and encouragement from the Word of God. Having overcome obstacles in her own life, including anxiety, panic attacks, and a physical affliction, she endeavors now to see others free of emotional and physical burdens.Saber más
$27.99With a biblically based approach, this groundbreaking textbook for life coaching presents a coaching model using how-to sections field-tested for more than eight years, custom forms coaches can use, and more. Saber más
$14.99This lay-ministry counseling guide is a good leader resource for womens ministries or personal use. Learn how to address your own needs so you can effectively help others, take people to Jesus without taking on responsibility for their burdens, and balance a counseling ministry with your other priorities. With Kitchen Table Counseling, you can offer true biblical hope to other women in the face of heartaches. Saber más
$9.99Begin the journey of recovery from sexual addiction!
Let’s start now on a twelve-step path that will lead us out of inappropriate sexual behaviors into the restoration of life. In the Life Recovery Workbook for Sexual Integrity, discover real-life stories of fellow travelers, great questions for individual or group discussion, and a Bible-centered approach to freedom. Twelve beautiful blessings await after our hard work on the journey of recovery from sexual addiction.
- Step 1: Open our hearts to God’s power to free us from the grip of unhealthy sexual behaviors. "O God, please strengthen me just one more time." (Judges 16:28)
- Step 2: Allow God to restore our sexual sanity. "Who can bring purity out of an impure person?" (Job 14:4)
- Step 3: Submit to God in order to be freed from the bondage of life-stealing addiction. "If you give up your life for me, you will find it." (Matthew 10:39)
- Step 4: Self-examination leads us out of addiction. "You showed that you have done everything necessary to make things right." (2 Corinthians 7:11)
- Step 5: Experience the healing that begins with mutual confession. "Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." (James 5:16)
- Step 6: Get ready for God to heal us from addictive sexual behaviors. "You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God." (Psalm 51:17)
- Step 7: Invite God to remove our sexual shortcomings. "I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts." (Isaiah 57:15)
- Step 8: Create a list of people our unwise sexual behavior adversely affected. "Now, however, it is time to forgive." (2 Corinthians 2:7)
- Step 9: Restore relationships damaged by our sexual sins and experience a clean slate. "But then they turn from their sins and do what is just and right." (Ezekiel 33:14)
- Step 10: Review daily the defects in us that hinder healthy life with God and others. "So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives." (James 1:21)
- Step 11: Grow closer to God through prayer and meditation. "Teach me how to live, O Lord." (Psalm 27:11)
- Step 12: Bless others with the blessing of healing from habitual sexual sin. "He will give a crown of beauty for ashes." (Isaiah 61:3)
DAVID STOOP, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist and the founder of The Center for Family Therapy in Newport Beach, California. He also serves on the executive board of the American Association of Christian Counselors. David is a Gold Medallion–winning author and co-editor of The Life Recovery Bible. Saber más